I, Kira Rockwell, invite all playwrights who have “MADE IT,” to submit their resume to me to be studied by me in my 2017-2018 season at Boston University.
SubThemes:GRITTY, FRUSTRATION, DESPAIR, WHEN YOU ALMOST GAVE UP
The Deadline for Submissions: you missed it… but send it in anyway ASAP!
- Playwright must have had at least one of those magical, breakout career moments. But don’t tell me about that moment. Tell me everything that led up to that moment.
- Grant winners, Fellowship winners, Published, Produced, Pulitzer Prize Playwrights
- Length: At least two pages… like at least… GIMME THE DETS!
- Format: Must be 12 point in any font BUT Times New Roman.
- Each resume must be submitted electronically. PDF only. I will not consider paper copies because I’m not about to broadcast my address publicly on the internet.
- Email PDF as an attachment to: email@example.com
- Email two files: your resume file and a candid photo of you stressing the f out.
- The Resume must include the playwright’s name, a detailed timeline of their pathway of failures. Also include (1) a one- or two-sentence summary of your failures and (2) a brief playwright failure biography.
- International submissions are welcome. All resumes must be in English.
- Use the Subject Line: GETTINREALFRONCE: _______ (playwright’s name)
- Each playwright may submit only one resume—send me your worst!
- We will not consider or respond to resumes that contain cover ups, surface level responses, bragging, sugar coating, positivity, magical mentors, or celebrations.
- Success of any kind will not be tolerated!
I look forward to seeing your authentic path of failure.