The Mariott Theatre in Chicago cast it’s Evita with one person of Latin Heritage.
- I will not accept that your “long history of minority based productions” gives you the right to allow this to happen
- I will not accept that “in my research, (Argentina) is a very European country”
- I will not accept that Latin American actors weren’t strong enough for the “demands of the vocal roles”
- I will not accept that because some Argentineans are “light skinned Latinos” that gives you license to cast white actors in that role.
- I will not accept your dismissal of the backlash against this atrocity because it took place largely on social media, voices are voices, how dare you
- I will not accept that when asked if you were aware that the last time you did a production written by a person of color was in 2004 that your response was “I haven’t looked at that… It’s not a conscious choice” Shift your consciousness, take responsibility for your actions and your company.
- I will not accept your shifting of blame onto those that did not come out an audition. This is absolutely no one’s fault but your own.
- I will not accept the ways in which you are attempting to shut down the conversation.
- I will not accept that I have gotten used to this conversation being shut down.
- I will not accept your excuses.
- I will not accept your reasoning.
- I will not accept your casting.